The Accra Technical University (ATU) is a public university in Accra, Ghana. It was established in 1954 as the Accra Technical Institute, and was granted university status in 2016. ATU offers a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in engineering, technology, and other fields.
The Accra Technical University (ATU) grading system is based on a letter grade scale. The letter grades are assigned according to the following criteria:
- A+: Outstanding
- A: Excellent
- B+: Very Good
- B: Good
- C+: Above Average
- C: Average
- D+: Pass
- D: Weak Pass
- F: Fail
Students are required to earn a minimum of a C+ in order to pass a course. Students who fail a course may retake it, but they must earn a passing grade in order to progress to the next level.
In addition to letter grades, ATU also uses a grade point average (GPA) system. The GPA is calculated by dividing the total number of grade points earned by the total number of credits attempted.
The GPA is used to determine a student’s academic standing, and it is also used to determine eligibility for scholarships and other awards.
The following is a table of the grade point values for each letter grade:
|Letter Grade||Grade Point Value|
The ATU grading system is designed to provide students with a clear and objective measure of their academic performance. The system is also designed to motivate students to achieve their academic goals.
In addition to the grading system, ATU also has a number of other policies and procedures in place to ensure the quality of its education. These policies and procedures include:
- A comprehensive curriculum that is aligned with the needs of the labor market
- A strong faculty with a commitment to teaching and research
- A state-of-the-art facilities
- A supportive and inclusive learning environment
ATU is committed to providing its students with a high-quality education that will prepare them for success in their chosen field. The university’s grading system, policies, and procedures are all designed to support this goal.
Here are some additional tips for students who want to succeed in the ATU grading system:
- Attend class regularly and participate in class discussions.
- Take good notes and review them regularly.
- Do your homework and study for exams.
- Get help from your professors and classmates if you need it.
- Start studying for exams early.
- Get a good night’s sleep before exams.
- Eat a healthy breakfast on the day of the exam.
- Arrive at the exam early and relax.
- Read the instructions carefully and answer the questions completely.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help if you don’t understand something.
- Stay calm and focused during the exam.
- Review your answers before you turn in your exam.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of success in the ATU grading system and earn the grades you need to graduate with a degree.